These statements of belief are offered here as non-debatable facts that
shall remain foundational truths governing the belief system of this forum. Asking questions about such is fine, but debate with intent to deceive or disseminate 'another Jesus', or 'another Gospel', will be tolerated only about as long as a hair is wide.
WE KNOW AND BELIEVE:
1. The Bible IS the Word of God, our manual to heaven ( 2 Timothy 3:16 ) and is to be taken literally.
2. Salvation is through grace alone, NOT by any work of our own ( Ephesians 2:8-9 ), including religious works after salvation. The shedding of the BLOOD of Jesus Christ paid the penalty for our sins to God( Romans 3:23-25, Romans 5 : 8-10, Ephesians 1:7, Ephesians 2:13, Colossians 1:14,20, Hebrews 9:13-14, Hebrews 13:20, 1 Peter 1 : 18-19, Revelations 1:5 ).
3. God is ONE eternal Spirit manifesting Himself in three distinct persons:
Father Son and Holy Spirit.....the Trinity.
4. There is ONLY ONE name under heaven whereby a man can be saved,
and that name is JESUS CHRIST.
ALL other religions ARE FALSE. ( Acts 4:12 )
If you recognize that you are indeed lost, and ALL are or have been ( Mark 10:18 , Romans 3:23 ), YOU need to call upon God in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ to forgive your sins,
and accept His sacrifice on the Cross for them, as payment for them,
as your Lord and Saviour ( John 3:16 -18, Romans. 10:10 -13 )
YOU need to be BORN AGAIN.
That is, YOUR spirit, which is now DEAD in sins and trespasses against God,
needs to be REBORN by the Spirit of God, and made alive ( John 3 : 3-7 )
YOU WILL BE quickened, that is MADE ALIVE and anew in Christ ( Ephesians 2:1-6 )
Old things will pass away, and all things will be made new in your life ( 2 Corinthians 5:17 )
YOU will be a NEW creation.
Your sins will be thrown away from God as far as East is from West ( Psalm 103:12 ).
You MUST believe that:
A. Jesus Christ was born of a virgin ( Matthew 1 : 18-25 )
B. He lived a sinless, perfect life. ( Hebrews 9:14,
C. He was a pure and holy sacrifice for our sins ( 1 Peter 1 : 19 )
D. He was resurrected for our justification ( Romans 4:24-25 )
There is NO time like the present to receive the promise of Jesus Christ in one's life
( Luke 12:16-21,Romans 13:11 )
5. FULL IMMERSION WATER BAPTISM. NOT sprinkling. This is the baptism of repentance that is a public show of the inward state of being, and represents the old man dying in Christ, and the new man being raised up from the dead, alive in Him ( Romans 6:3-4 ).
6. That the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a separate GIFT of God given ONLY after one is saved and specifically asks for it ( Luke 11:13, Acts 19:2-6 ).
Asking the Holy Spirit to indwell you as a believer is NOT the same as 'The New Birth' or being 'Born Again'. When one is 'Born Again' it is THEIR spirit which is quickened and made anew. When one asks the Holy Spirit to INDWELL them, it is asking GOD to take up residence in YOUR body IN ADDITION TO your own spirit....until that time, He waits outside.
The EVIDENCE that one has indeed received the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is that
they SPEAK IN TONGUES ( Acts 2:1-4, Acts 19:6, 1 Corinthians 14 : 18 ).
The Holy Spirit Baptism ENABLES and EMPOWERS a believer beyond what they are capable of themselves ( Luke 12:12, John 14:26, John 16:13, Acts 1:8, 1 Corinthians 12 : 4-10 )
7. Supernatural giftings ARE given to all believers by the Holy Spirit as He wills ( 1 Corinthians 12:4-10 ). These gifts ARE supernatural in nature and will ALWAYS validate the Word of God, they will NOT contradict it ( Mark 16:20 ). It stands to reason that if a gift proceeds from God as He wills, that He is NOT going to contradict Himself....unfortunately, there are far too many who know too little of the Word of God to be able to discern what is and isn't of Him.
8. THE NAME OF JESUS. ...that all things, including but not limited to water baptism and ALL prayer MUST be done IN THE NAME OF JESUS ( Acts 2:38, Colossians 3:17, Phillipians 2:10 ). This is a common failing in the church today who baptize people 'in the name of the Father, the Son and of the Holy Ghost' without ever saying WHAT that name IS.
THE NAME IS JESUS.
JESUS...NOT CHRIST ALONE...The word 'Christ' is his TITLE..it means 'MESSIAH',
but the NAME OF THE GODHEAD IS JESUS, who IS THE CHRIST.
It is the name of JESUS that carries all weight and authority ( Phillipians 2:10, Luke 10:17-20 ).
9. The message of faith in God is of paramount importance in all aspects of our lives.
10. ALL of the promises of God are yes and amen to the glory of God ( 2 Corinthians 1: 20 ) including but not limited to: salvation, deliverance, healing & prosperity. ALL of the promises of God are blessings, NOT commandments. Divine Healing while being no less a promise than any other promise, is also not something to be legislated upon others, but received in faith, by those who embrace it, subject to the various requirements thereof, as are the rest of Gods' promises.
11. The crucifixion of the self-life is a vital part of the pathway into the fulness of Jesus Christ.
12. Positive thinking and positive confession ARE important principles to follow. It is through your words, that you make confession unto your very salvation ( Romans 10:10 ), and according to Jesus, they are that which will justify you or condemn you ( Matthew: 12 :37 ), Mark 11:23: He that SAYS to this mountain.....ALL prayer is made by WORDS. Furthermore, one must endeavor to keep ones' mind in sync with the Word of God, because it is out of it's content that the mouth speaks ( Luke 6:45 ); One must keep their heart with all diligence, for out of it ARE the issues of life ( Proverbs 4:23 ).
13. The DEVIL, that is: SATAN, is a very real enemy who has an entire army of demonic entities which war PERSONALLY against the believer ( Eph 6:11-12, James 4:7, 1 Peter 5:8 ).
14. The mission of the church is MANIFOLD and NOT limited to evangelization ( Ephesians 4:11 ). The failure to recognize that is a large contributer to the shallowness and ineffectual ministries that exist today. The initial act of repentance and faith toward God is ONLY THE BEGINNING of an eternal journey of learning from and about The Eternal, Immutable, Infinite God and His plans for us in Him ( Romans 8 : 14-19, Revelations 1:6 )To stop at the doorway of the kingdom journey is like buying a telescope and never looking through it.
That is what this forum is about: MOVING FORWARD ( Phillippians 3:13-14, Hebrews 5:12 ).
15. THE ROAD IS NARROW. Deviation from what the Bible teaches is by definition: NOT what the Bible teaches, or as Paul would say: ANOTHER gospel ( Matthew 7:13-14, Galations 1:8-12 ). That road leads a person down a daily life of consecration to Christian ideals of fruit bearing ( Matt 7:17-19, Galations 5:22-23 )
16. THE SECOND ADVENT or the second coming of Christ is imminent ( Luke 21:7-36 ),
WE can see many Biblical signs being fulfilled on an almost daily basis, but the one scripture that began the countdown is Luke 21: 24, in which Jesus declares in the context of his disciples asking when the end of the world would occur, that Jerusalem would be trodden under the feet of Gentiles until their times were fulfilled, or in other words, once the Jews regained Jerusalem, that THIS GENERATION would NOT pass away until ALL things were fulfilled.
That was 1967, 42 years ago.
The generation that was alive then has NOT yet passed away, and indeed is growing closer to the return of Christ by the day.
17. There are many more things, of which it is not the intent of this brief outline to contain....but can be further explored within...
...If you do not wish to associate with such a group of narrow minded primitives,
please press 'Exit' now
......or don your gear ( Ephesians 6: 13-19 ), press 'Enter', and welcome to the forum.